Join the Team/MJS Internship
Long & Short Term staff in Ireland’s National Scout Centres
Are you an adventure seeking scout who wants to make friends, have fun and gain experience?
This year Scouting Ireland’s National Scout Centres are recruiting long term and short term staff for our Centres across Ireland.
What will I be doing?
We can assure you that no two days will be the same! Our Volunteers are involved in every aspect of running our centres.
You could be doing anything from leading high ropes courses to rafting, checking–in guest and cleaning lodges. You will be helping our visitors have a quality scouting experience at our centres.
Where will I be based?
You will be based on a residential basis in either Larch Hill, Castle Saunderson or Mount Melleray.
How long can I stay?
- Short Term placements for 2018 run from June until late August.
- Long Term placements for 2018 run from early February until late August.
In return for you hard work we’ll provide all food, accommodation and uniform for the duration of your placement. We also run regular staff outings and trips!
Our volunteers receive professional training and experience across a wide range of areas.
A weekly living allowance is also provided.
Skill Development and Experience:
- Customer service experience (hours staffing reception and taking bookings will be logged signed off and evaluated)
- IT skills the participants will be using the booking system and receipting system along with an opportunity to work on marketing and graphics should they be interested. (Hours will be logged and signed off)
- Grounds and campsite maintenance experience. This will vary and will depend in the projects available during the period in question
- House Keeping experience from cleaning and maintaining the centre, hostel and lodge to cleaning the toilet blocks
- Traffic Management and Site Logistic. The participants will work with the staff on site and the volunteer crews on busy weekends and during events and will be part of the planning and executing of the traffic management and logistic plans.
- Event Planning. The participants will have an opportunity to play key roles in many of the onsite events such as Cub Camp
Assistance with CV preparation and Interview techniques:
Towards the end of the programme the participants will receive assistance with cover letter and CV preparation and will partake in a mock interview.
Can I apply?
Yes, our programme is open to Scouts from both Ireland across the world.
Perhaps you are on a gap year from studies, taking time out of the world of work or just looking to gain some experience and have great fun. We would like to hear from you.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic people with a mind for adventure.
How to apply?
To apply for the Internship please email email@example.com to request an application form.
Read more about the Role Description MJSS Internship Document
If you have any questions or are finding difficulties with the application form, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LARCH HILL MEITHEAL CAMPSTAFF
Have you experienced Larch Hill as a camper? Are you looking to give something back and have great fun at the same time. Then joining the Volunteer Campsite team known as the ‘Meitheal’, at Larch Hill might be just the challenge you are looking for.
Here at Larch Hill the ‘Meitheal’ manage the centre on weekends throughout the year. It is a great opportunity to learn new skills including instructing activities such as archery, rock climbing and high-ropes. You will have the opportunity to learn other skills such as construction, tree planting and maintenance.
The ‘Meitheal’ are there to assist our visitors to the Scout & Guide Centre and to contribute to the continued development of the centre. There is huge potential for personal development in many different areas as there is always something for everyone. It is a great opportunity to make new friends, have fun and work as part of a dynamic team.
If this appeals to you then submit an application. It is the volunteer staff that are at the core of the success of our leading Scout Centre, why not get involved.
If you have any questions about staffing opportunities contact the Meitheal Leader at email@example.com